Android 7.1 Developer Preview Now Available
It was only a few months ago when Android 7.0, API 24, was released to the masses that added several new features and capabilities for developers to integrate into their applications. The next update for Android Nougat, API 25, officially titled 7.1, is currently in developer preview and now available for all Xamarin.Android developers in our Alpha channel. Android 7.1 features even more goodies such as app shortcuts, image keyboard support, round icon resources, and more.
Get Android 7.1
- Starting with Android Nougat, Java JDK 1.8 (64-bit version recommended) is required to properly compile apps. You can download one for your system from Oracle’s website.
- Update your Android SDK Tools to 25.2.3 or higher from the Android SDK Manager.
- Install the latest Android SDK Platform and Platform and Build-tools (currently 25.0.1).
- Download the Android 7.1.1 (API 25) SDK.
Xamarin Studio on macOS:
- Update the “Alpha” channel in Xamarin Studio.
- Xamarin Studio→Check for Updates
- Install the latest updates.
Windows users with Visual Studio:
- Update the “Alpha” channel in Visual Studio.
- Install the Xamarin for Visual Studio extension update.
Now when you go into your Android project’s properties you will be able to compile and target API 25:
If you haven’t started with Android Nougat yet, be sure to read through our full introduction documentation and read through our blogs on Direct Reply notifications, Quick Settings, and Native Library changes. To learn more about Android 7.1 be sure to stay tuned to the Xamarin blog and browse through Google’s Android 7.1 documentation to learn more.
Source by xamarin….Share: